Lost property items are stored at reception, items are cleared weekly and taken to the plant room ready for collection by the Boab Network.
The Boab Network will collect any unclaimed items found at Cockburn ARC and find new homes for the items amongst the remote communities that the network supports http://www.boabnetwork.org/ opens in a new window
- Items such as underwear, socks, scraps of paper, or anything deemed unsafe to collect and store will be immediately disposed of.
Valuable items items such as,
- Electronics - Wallets - Hearing Aids - Spectatcles - Phones - Keys - Jewellery - Cash - Credit Cards - ID Cards
are kept in the safe for 1 month from they are found. If the item is not collected within the 1 month period the items will be disposed of as required by the City's Waste Recovery Park or donated to a selected charity.
CSO action required
- Look in the lost property cupboard
- If the item is there, ask the customer to specify a collection day within 7 days.
- Ensure that the customer is aware that Cockburn ARC is only able to hold items for 7 days and collection within that period is their responsibility.
- Fill in to be collected slip and attach to item. (Blank slips in collection rack)
- Place items to be collected in the appropriate rack in the Admin office or safe and fill in 'items to be collected' clipboard.
- Send a Collection Notification email to reception.
If the item is not found- take down patron and item details, where, when lost and email reception. Advise patron we will be in contact if found.