All rules are as per the official Netball Australia rule book, with minor amendments intended to enhance the playing experience at Cockburn ARC. Please consult your Team Sports Coordinator for specific rule clarification.
All participants play at their own risk.
Teams are responsible for organising their own bibs with positions front and back.
Games consist of two eighteen minute halves, with a one minute half-time break and a three minute changeover period.
Game start times are: 6:00pm, 6:40pm, 7:20pm, 8:00pm, 8:40pm, 9:20pm.
All registered teams are expected to be available to play at these times.
Player and spectator behaviour
The moment you set foot in Cockburn ARC Sports Stadium, you have become a custodian of our sporting community. Players and spectators must understand that they are just as responsible for creating a positive and inclusive environment as administrators and referees. Anti-social and aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated
by your teammates, opposition players, spectators, officials and competition organisers alike, and individuals who fail to acknowledge their responsibility to maintaining this social environment for all will only be making participation less enjoyable for themselves and others.
Any on or off-court incidents deemed to be anti-social will be dealt with accordingly and at the discretion of the Sports Team Leader, Programs Coordinator or and an authorised representative of the Cockburn ARC. This may include ejection from the playing arena, short and long term suspensions, and if necessary, permanent banning from the Cockburn ARC for offending individuals and/or teams.
Spirit of the game
At Cockburn ARC, the focus will always be on getting games to go ahead so that all teams can enjoy the consistency of knowing they have an opposition to play each week. This will occasionally result in cross-division fixtures, teams coming off of a bye or teams being asked to play twice in an evening. The allocating of competition points in such cases will be managed by a Team Sports Leader.
We want to foster a social environment where everyone can feel like they are free to participate. Players from any team (regardless of division) during the regular season are welcome to fill in for any other side. However, this is only permissible when a team is short of regular players (it is an expectation that teams uphold the spirit of the game).
Players are welcome to feature in multiple sides during the regular season (including within the same division). However, if a player qualifies for finals for two sides in the same division, he or she may only represent one team during the subsequent finals series (semi-finals and grand finals).
Referees and Sports Team Leaders reserve the right to deny a player from playing within, or ‘filling in’, for another team. In other cases, a non-regular player may also be told that they can only play on a wing for that game. Such decisions will be based on a perception of fairness for the opposition team, and will be a judgement call made the Referee or Sports Team Leader at the time.
- All players must be sixteen years or older to play in the competitions.
- A minimum of five players are required to start the game.
- There is no maximum number of players allowed to compete during a regular season game; however finals games are capped at ten players per team (three substitutes).
Mixed – there must be no more than three males on the court at any one time, with a minimum of one male.
- 1 Male Playing
- Any Position
- 2 Males Playing
- One: GS,GA,WA,C,WD
- One: GK,GD,WD,C,WA
- 3 Males Playing
- One: GS,GA,WA
- One: WA,C,WD
- One: GK,GD,WD
- Sharp adornments and jewellery must be removed or taped. Fingernails are to be cut short or taped (gloves are acceptable) to the satisfaction of the umpire.
- Players must have played a minimum of three games to qualify for finals.
- All players must be in same colour uniform shirts (under bibs) and bibs are to be of the same colour.
- Out of court – a ball or player must be over the line to be considered ‘out of court’. On the line is NOT out.
VIEW FULL BY-LAWS
- All Australian Netball Association Rules apply unless stated otherwise in the Cockburn ARC By- Laws.