Watch Around Water is an education and awareness campaign run at public swimming pools with the aim of reducing drowning and aquatic injuries amongst children through improved parental supervision.
Cockburn ARC applies the Watch Around Water program by requiring all patrons within the aquatic area to follow these requirements:
- Children six (6) years and under must be accompanied and directly supervised within arms reach of an adult at all times
- Children eleven (11) years and under must be accompanied and supervised within line of sight at all times
- Parents supervising children eleven (11) years and under are unable to undertake any activity other than directly supervising the child (including Aqua classes, ARCademy classes, and lap swimming)
- Children eleven (11) years and under are not allowed to spectate whilst their responsible adult undertakes any other activity than directly supervising the child
- Swim ARCademy parents are required to directly supervise children eleven (11) years and under whilst they are in their swim lessons.
Unsupervised children will be removed from the water for their own safety.