On Saturday 19 May, Cockburn ARC celebrated its first birthday.
Cockburn ARC celebrated its first birthday this month and the local community came along to the party.
A morning tea with a giant birthday cake, happy birthday singers and a huge birthday card to sign, was held at the centre at 10.30am on Saturday, 19 May.
Mayor Logan Howlett said the historic occasion was a positive sign of the centre’s resounding success and popularity in the community.
“More than 1.2 million visits have been recorded at the centre since it opened officially on 19 May last year,” Mayor Howlett said.
“Nearly 48,000 passes to the waterslides have been sold and its treadmill users have walked the equivalent of five laps around the globe.”
“This means that the ARC has well and truly achieved its aim of encouraging more people to be more active more often.”
Winners of the inaugural ARCaptured photography competition were announced at the celebration.
First Place - Brothers in Arms
Second Place - Light Trails
Third Place - Friday Feels
Child (Primary) - Wish I was 7
Child (High School) - Little Fish
Staff - Those Slides
View full gallery of ARCaptured entries
Fun ARC Facts
In the past year at Cockburn ARC:
- You have performed 1,256,444 squats in BODYPUMP classes
- The giant bucket has tipped 207,480 times in the water play area
- More than 3,000 nappies have been changed in the creche
- Happy birthday has been sung 268 times in the party rooms
- 6,500 games have been played on the indoor stadium courts
- Plunge Café has served nearly 88,000 cups of coffee
Social Media Share Links below open in a new window
< Back To News Stories