1. Booking Application
1. Applicants must be over the age of 18 years and provide valid proof of age upon request of Cockburn ARC employees.
2. Approved hirers cannot transfer the right of use to another person, group or organisation
3. Applicants must complete and agree to all conditions as part of the booking application form prior to submitting.
4. Where a booking request is made on behalf or an organisation, the person who makes the booking must certify that he/she has the necessary authority to make the booking and include his/her personal contact details as well as those of the organisation on the booking application form.
2. General Use Conditions
All hirers of Cockburn ARC facilities:
1. Must ensure that all members of their hiring party comply with Cockburn ARC’s Watch Around Watch policy
within the facility’s aquatic areas and ensure that all children under twelve (12) years old have an adult providing direct visual supervision across all other areas of the facility
2. Must not use smoke/fog machines, candles or naked flames of any sort at the venue. These items interfere with the facility’s alarms. Should the facility’s alarm activation be attributable to any hirer, all fees relating to the onsite attendance of Emergency 3. Services will become the financial responsibility of the hirer.
4. Must not use live bands / DJ’s or music machines unless prior written approval of the Manager Cockburn ARC
5. Must not fly drones over or around Cockburn ARC facilities.
6. If approved, it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that their program/service is licences appropriately through Music license/s through the Phonographic Performance Company of Australia (PPCA) & the Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA) will need to be obtained by the hirer
7. Must ensure that noise levels comply with Environmental Protection (noise) Regulations 1997
8. Shall not carry on any activity at the venue, which is dangerous, noxious, offensive, illegal, excessively noisy or objectionable and this includes the conduct of unauthorised lotteries and gambling
9. Must not cause inconvenience to or impact adversely on nearby residents or persons in adjoining areas of the venue or properties and must leave the venue in a quiet and orderly manner so as not to disturb others
10. Must vacate the venue at the conclusion of the hire and ensure that it is ready for the use of the next hirer
11. Acknowledge smoking is prohibited within the facility and within a 10-metre radius of doors, windows, and vents
12. Must not attach posters or advertising material of any description to any surface of the venue building
13. Must not pierce any floor, wall, outdoor surface including turf or other part of the venue or any fitting or fixture therein whether by the use of nails, tacks, screws, stakes, addition of blue tac or otherwise
14. Shall be responsible for, and shall make good, any loss or damage occasioned to the venue including venue furniture, fittings or other property during the period of the hire and shall be responsible for, and shall make good, any loss or damage occasioned to any part of the venue which is not the subject of the hire
15. Are solely responsible for the provision and arranging of first aid or medical services and associated equipment in connection with the hire activity
16. Shall observe the Cockburn ARC conditions of entry and all statutory rules and regulations applicable to the hire, including without limitation, City of Cockburn of Cockburn Local Laws 2000
17. Acknowledge that live animals are prohibited at the venue
18. Acknowledge that tents, marquees, and inflatable amusements are prohibited at the venue unless the prior written approval of the City of Cockburn is obtained
19. Acknowledge that hawking, selling, disposing, or supplying anything whatsoever is prohibited at the venue unless the prior written approval of the City of Cockburn is obtained
20. Acknowledge that no exotic dancers, nudity, or entertainment alike is permitted in the venue
21. Acknowledge that confetti, rice, flower petals or similar material are not to be used
22. Acknowledge that any event or activity that is deemed to be in direct competition to the services or products offered at Cockburn ARC or that of their co-sponsors or venue partners will not be permitted
23. Shall obtain all necessary third-party consents from parties with an interest in the copyright or other performing rights of any materials used by the hirer during the hire activity. The hirer indemnifies the City of Cockburn from all claims relating to copyright infringement however arising out of or in connection with the hirer’s use of the venue during the hire period
24. Shall pay such further charges as are determined by the City of Cockburn if the venue is used outside of the agreed hire period
25. Shall promptly comply with all requirements and directions of Cockburn ARC staff that the City of Cockburn determines is appropriate to give such directions in relation to the use of the venue and the hire activity
26. Shall supervise all persons attending the venue for the purpose of the hire activity to the entire satisfaction of the City of Cockburn and shall be responsible for the conduct and behaviour, including compliance with these conditions of use, of all its employees, agents, contractors, invitees and participants in the hire activity
27. Must have at least one (1) decision maker/senior member of the organisation present, in charge of the group and supervising at all times
28. Agrees not to use any audio, photographic, video, or electrical equipment at the venue without prior written consent of the City of Cockburn
29. Must only use the specific part of the venue as is stated in the booking application form application form and for the specific purpose as is stated in the booking application form
30. Acknowledges that the venue is fit for the purpose of the hire activity
31. Must provide a risk management plan prior to the any event booking for review and approval by an authorised City Officer, upon request
3. Priority of Use Schedule
All booking application forms will be subject to the City of Cockburn’s Priority of Use Schedule. The City of Cockburn reserves the right to relocate or reschedule a booking to ensure accordance with the policy as/and if required. Cockburn ARC will ensure as much notice as possible is provided should this affect your booking.
|Priority of Use Schedule
||Cockburn ARC managed activities, programs, games, practices, sports, and tournaments
||Activities, programs, games, or functions run or co-sponsored by the City of Cockburn or a Cockburn ARC business partner
||All Clubs that have a signed and up to date Cockburn ARC Club Agreement
||All schools located within the City of Cockburn of Cockburn boundaries
||Other City of Cockburn of Cockburn supported, or government agency supported activities, programs and meetings
4. Managing Emergencies and Reporting Incidents
1. The hirer is responsible for determining that the facility is fit for purpose and suitable for their activities. Any identified risk and/or damage relating to the centre must be reported immediately to the Operations Supervisor on shift
2. The hirer must familiarise themselves with the evacuation plan on display at the centre before commencing any activities and in particular note the location of the emergency exit doors
3. The hirer is responsible for ensuring that fire doors and emergency exit doors are not obstructed throughout the booking/event. The placing of furniture, boxes or any other item or structure within two (2) meters or within the areas of the emergency exits is prohibited
4. Fire equipment provided throughout the centre is for emergency use only. Misuse of this equipment will incur fees for repair and replacement and can result in the forfeiting of the bond
5. The hirer must provide full details of any incident that occurs during a booking/event that resulted in the attendance of emergency services, damage to centre property or injury to a guest. These details must be provided within 24 hours after the event
6. We may be required to use all or part of the facility during emergencies or natural disasters, including providing and coordinating support to those affected by bushfire or heatwaves. You may not be able to access or use all or part of the facility during these periods. A full refund will be given in this circumstance
7. The hirer must follow all instructions given by Cockburn ARC staff in the event of a facility evacuation.
5. Electrical Compliance
1. All portable electrical equipment must be regularly inspected and tested in accordance with the OSH regulations, as appropriate
2. All electrical items must be tested and tagged by a licenced electrician prior to arrival onsite
3. Cable trays must be provided for all electrical leads, arranged and provided by the hirer
4. The hirer will be responsible for any costs incurred due to electrical outages at the centre and/or repairs caused as a result of non-compliant equipment or overloading of outlets and circuits.
6. Disputes and Complaints
1. If a dispute arises concerning a booking/event or you have any complaints about the facility or staff, please provide written notice of the dispute or complaint
2. We will contact you within 5-7 business days to discuss and endeavour to resolve the dispute or complaint.
At Cockburn ARC we define general hirers as any individual or group of individuals who hire one of our stadium setups; pool spaces; room spaces or pool setups without any affiliation to any organisation, school, or community group. General hirers book and hire Cockburn ARC facilities for their private usage and do not have any third-party responsibilities associated with their hire.
General hirers found to be engaging in activities outside of this definition, by running unapproved activities for commercial gain, will have their bookings cancelled.
All fees relating to the bookings of general hirers must be paid in full, prior to booking. Until all the fees, relevant to the booking, are paid in full, no space or setup up will be confirmed or reserved. Payment can be made via the member portal or at reception.
General hirers that have been successful in their applications for regular hire, as per section ‘General Hirers’ clause 3, will be able to pay their bookings either across each month via their member portal or when invoiced at the end of each month.
2. Cancellation of bookings
If a general hirer wishes to cancel their booking, they must contact Cockburn ARC at least seven (7) days prior to their booking occurring. All payments associated with cancelled bookings will be credited to the general hirer for use at future bookings. All credits must be used within a period of three (3) months of the cancellation occurring. If a booking is cancelled with less than seven (7) days’ notice no credit will be provided payments made on the booking. Strictly no refunds will be offered.
If any booking is cancelled by Cockburn ARC due to a COVID shutdown being enacted, then all paid fees associated with bookings scheduled to occur during the shutdown period will be refunded or credit to the hirer.
3. Regular Hirer Applications
Each October, Cockburn ARC will seek expressions of interest from all hirers who have hired the facility regularly, on ten (10) or more occasions since the beginning of the calendar year of the application being made.
This will provide general hirers, who regularly hire the facility, with an opportunity to submit their booking requirements for the coming calendar year before Cockburn ARC commences taken enquiries from new hirers. All expressions of interest submitted by the Centre’s existing general hirers will be reviewed against the facility’s Priority of Usage Schedule.
Whilst every attempt will be made to accommodate the existing specifications of any applicants booking, this may not always be possible, and Cockburn reserves the right to instead provide alternatives to the applicant for the coming calendar year.
4. After hours bookings
After hours bookings are not available to general hirers, as defined by Cockburn ARC.
5. Set up and pack down
All booking setups and pack downs will be completed by Cockburn ARC. Each individual hirer is responsible for ensuring all Cockburn ARC facilities that have been utilised as part of their booking are left clear of belongings and litter.
Cockburn ARC defines an event as a public gathering of people brought together for a common purpose by pre-arranged activities, programs or activations.
All event hirers will be required to pay a bond at the acceptance of their booking application by Cockburn ARC. The total bond payable to Cockburn ARC will be up to 200% of the total booking costs associated with the event.
The security bond is payable by the hirer at the time of booking the venue and will be held by the City of Cockburn as security against any damage caused to the venue during the hirer period and/or breach of these conditions of use by the hirer.
Deductions may be made by the City of Cockburn from the security bond for any reasonable cause including but not limited to:
a) Damage caused to the venue or any venue fixture, fittings or furniture during the hire period
b) The removal, disposal or storage or any property left at the venue by the hirer or any person attending at the venue during the hire period with the express, implied or apparent authority of the hirer; and
c) Costs and expenses incurred by the City of Cockburn as result of a breach of any of these conditions of use by the hirer.
Where the amount of the security bond is not sufficient to cover any sum payment under Regular Hirer clause ii, the hirer will be liable to pay the difference of amount within 30 days of receipt of an invoice from the City of Cockburn.5. Subject to Regular
Hirer clause iii, a refund of the security bond will be made within 21 days of the conclusion of the hire.
1. The bond associated to any event must be paid in full upon acceptance of the booking application by Cockburn ARC.
2. All non-bond related fees relating to the event hire will be invoiced monthly. Payment of all invoices must occur within thirty (30) days of the invoice issue date. Failure to pay invoices within the thirty (30) day period will result in the cancellation of all future bookings.
1. A minimum of four (4) weeks’ notice is required for the cancellation of all events. A cancellation fee equal to the 50% of the full hire charge will apply at cancellation.
2. If events are cancelled with less than four (4) weeks’ notice, a cancellation fee equal 100% of the full hire fee will
3. If an event is cancelled by Cockburn ARC due to a COVID shutdown being enacted then no cancellation fees will be charged and all bond will be returned, should the event hirer not wish to reschedule the date of the event.
4. After hours events
After hours bookings are available to Event Hirers upon request and subject to the approval of Cockburn ARC management. All after hours bookings will incur staff hire charges in addition to facility hire charges. Staff hire charges will vary depending upon the area of the facility being hired; the activities being undertaken within the booking; and the number of people attending the facility as part of the booking.
5. Set up and pack down
All setups and pack downs will be completed by the event hirers and must be factored into the hirer’s elected booking period. Event hirers must provide Cockburn ARC with an event management and risk management plan for each event. A template for these plans can be accessed from Cockburn ARC, upon application.
This information must be provided to Cockburn ARC in draft six (6) weeks prior to the event occurring and as a finalised copy at least one (1) month prior to the event occurring. This information will be reviewed by Cockburn ARC management and feedback provided. Cockburn ARC reserves the right to request amendments to an event hirer’s setup and pack plans at any time.
Cockburn ARC defines a club as any organisation that has a signed club agreement at the facility and conducts the majority of its club training schedule; swim meets and other club activities within the facility.
1. Club agreements
Club Agreements will be reviewed and reagreed to in April of each year. Each club must provide Cockburn ARC will an updated signed copy of their Club Agreement by 30 April of each year to ensure no interruption to their Club bookings.
Cockburn ARC can provide complementary marketing to any club with a signed, up to date Club Agreement. Cockburn ARC is able to provide marketing options through its social media channels; on the facility’s internal digital screens; or as agreed to by Cockburn ARC. Club marketing requirements must be submitted in writing to email@example.com
. Cockburn ARC reserves the right to reject submissions for marketing if it conflicts with Cockburn ARC business workings.
3. Lane allocations
Subject to availability and the Priority of Usage Schedule, Cockburn ARC will allocate requested lane allocations to its clubs. All clubs must ensure the minimum number of swimmers within each lane, as per section ‘Our Facilities’. If Cockburn ARC observes any club not achieving the minimum number of swimmers on four (4) or more occasions across a one (1) month period, Cockburn ARC will contact the club representative to reduce their lane allocations appropriately.
It is the responsibility of each clubs to ensure that all correspondence from Cockburn ARC is responded to by a club representative within seven (7) days of the correspondence being issued. Should Cockburn ARC not receive confirmation within the seven (7) days it will be understood that the contents of the correspondence has been received and agreed to by the club.