Booking Terms and Conditions
- Applications must be lodged via the appropriate Cockburn ARC Bookings form (Aquatic, Dry, Function/event) and submitted with full payment upon confirmation.
- Applicants must be over 18yrs.
- All applicants* must forward a copy of certificate of currency for Public Liability insurance policy supplied
- ($10,000,000) before booking can be confirmed. (If applicable and/or on request)
- The intent of the booking and the responsible individual or organisation must be stated as part of the booking. Any variance from the stated purpose or user group may result in further charges, loss of bond and/or jeopardise future bookings.
- All regular bookings are to be confirmed in writing minimum of 21 days in advance and can be taken up to 12 months in advance. All casual dry bookings must be confirmed within 24hrs minimum, otherwise contact centre via telephone. Within 24 hours please contact the centre via telephone for availability.
- Bookings must be made for a minimum of 1hour time limit with 15 minute increments thereafter.
- Cockburn ARC may impose additional terms and conditions appropriate to the proposed hire purpose and can refuse an application for hire without assigning any reason for refusal.
- All times booked, and any additional time used, must be paid for including setting up and cleaning up of facility.
- Costs of hire and bonds are in accordance with the current Fees and Charges schedule.
- Hirer may make application for a transfer to another date without forfeit depending on circumstances and the availability of the facility.
- Cancellation or Changes to any regular bookings must be received in writing at least 7 days before the booking commencement, Casual bookings at least 24 hours prior to commencement. Cancellations made with more than 24 hours and less than 7 days’ notice will not be invoiced, however they will incur a 20% administration fee. Any cancellations or no shows not made prior to 24 hours will be invoiced.
Will make payment of hire charge on a monthly basis with payment terms strictly 30 days. Late payment may jeopardise future bookings.
Regular users must submit a separate application for one off events including an applicable bond.
- A bond, as per the Fees and Charges Schedules, may be applicable to bookings.
- The hirer will be liable for costs for damage etc. in excess of the bond deposited.
- For any breach of the Conditions of Hire there will be a deduction of all or part thereof from the bond paid at the discretion of the Centre Manager.
The bond will be held against the following:
- Damage to the building or equipment
- Additional cleaning other than the allocated time of one hour
- Breach of the conditions of hire
- Any false or misleading information is given regarding the nature of the booking
The use of confetti, smoke machines, fog machines, bubble machines, slushy machines and naked flames are prohibited.
- Live bands/DJs not permitted without written permission and subject to the discretion of the Centre Manager.
- It is imperative that the hirer must not enter the booked area before or after times booked and paid for.
- No glass is permitted in Stadium and aquatic areas.
- No alcohol is permitted.
- No private functions, nudity or anti-social behaviours will be tolerated.
- No event or activity that will be in direct competition to the services or products offered at Cockburn ARC or that of their co-sponsors.
- All Council Facilities are a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the facilities.
Cockburn ARC Responsibilities
Cockburn ARC will:
- take every reasonable care and preparation to ensure all utilities, services and equipment are in proper working order, but will not accept responsibilities for breakdowns beyond their control.
- make every effort to provide the hirer with a clean and tidy facility.
- Not be responsible for any damage, theft or loss of items belonging to or responsibility of the hirer.
Every booking application will be considered and confirmed in line with Cockburn ARC’s Priority of Usage Policy
- All users must abide by the Conditions of Entry, located at the entrance and throughout the facility.
- It is responsibility of the hirer to inspect the facility and ensure suitability prior to making a booking; this includes ensuring they obey the maximum capacity ratings as provided by Cockburn ARC.
- Any equipment that has been hired from Cockburn ARC needs to be returned in the same condition it was provided in. Penalties will apply for damage.
- Hirers must show respect and common courtesy for other user groups within the centre or persons in nearby premises
- The hirer is responsible for behaviour of all persons attending the function or activity
- Hirers are responsible for the insurance of their own equipment or supplies, which are stored or left at the venue
- Hirers are responsible for any public liability in respect to their activity. The City of Cockburn’s public liability will only cover injury, loss or damage as a result of any proven neglect or default of the city for casual users, excluding sporting bodies, clubs, associations, corporations, incorporated bodies or those hiring the facility for profit making purposes.
- Should any accident and/or injury occur in the hired venue as a result of the hirers function and/or activity or general hire of the venue, Cockburn ARC cannot be held liable under any circumstances.
- If you are planning on using music whilst you are utilising our facilities, you will require the appropriate music licence/s through the Phonographic Performance Company of Australia (PPCA) & the Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA). For more information please refer to their websites: www.ppca.com.au & www.apra-amcos.com.au. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that their program/service is licensed appropriately.
Standard supervision and entry charges will be applicable to the centre. Adherence to all parental supervision guidelines:
- All children under the age of 6yrs must be directly supervised (within arm’s reach) by an adult in the water.
- An adult must supervise all children aged less than 11.
- No face painting or temporary hair colours can be worn in any aquatic water bodies.
- No use of oils, moisturisers, hygiene products, fragrant oils (such as Eucalyptus oil or similar) are permitted in Sauna or steam rooms.
- Non marking soled shoes must be worn in the stadium.
- Applicable Wrist bands apply for Sauna and steam room use, Birthday parties and exclusive use of waterslides.
- Cockburn ARC can enforce minimum ratio numbers to aquatic lanes; Aquatic Supervisor’s reserve the right to re-allocate lanes to the public.
At the conclusion of the booking the hirer shall:
- Leave the entire hired area in a clean and tidy condition
- Ensure all fans/air conditioning and lighting is switched off (for room bookings)
- Place all rubbish in bins
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to remove all excess rubbish from the premises
All bookings will need to adhere to Centre’s opening and closing times, unless prior consent has been obtained.
The cost of supervising staff will be charged to the hirer for any hours after the regular closing time.
Any deliveries relating to a booking need to be confirmed with the Bookings Officer or Centre Manager, and be subject to approval.
Swimming Carnival arrangements
Swimming carnival access is permitted in carnival approved time blocks as per the centre booking guidelines. For further information please contact the Aquatics Manager.
Access is for 50 metre pool only, and can be for pre-determined 8 or 10 lanes.
Acceptance of additional costs for lifeguarding supervision is required.
- Users must comply with safety guidelines, age and height restrictions as per the Centre’s policy and under instruction by the supervising Lifeguard
- Strictly no food or beverages are allowed in the Slide area
- Water slide access is at the discretion of Management.
Any disputes concerning bond refunds or complaints must be made in writing and marked:
Attention Cockburn ARC Manager
City of Cockburn
PO BOX 1215
BIBRA LAKE DC WA 6965