We cannot process a change of membership form for someone wanting to go to a FIFO membership or a Lifestyle active memberhsip if they are moving from SLD or Youth membership. Please refer these requests to Member Services.
Work Instruction Details
1. Check personal detials
2. Click “Create New”
3. Click 3 dots next to “M’shp:”
4. Select membership type they are wanting to change to
Do NOT select “Concession rate” for DFES, ALCOA, Fremantle Football club card holders. This discount is applied later.
5. Select contract start date –
- Flexi to Lifestyle (supersedes everything)– The contract start date of the Lifestyle contract is the date the form was accepted.
- Applying concession or upgrading – The contract start date is the date you are processing the form. (i.e. from pool access to gym access)
- If downgrading access– The contract start date this the day before the next debit (Wednesday). (i.e. from gym access down to just pool access)
- If going to a Fitness Passport from ‘Active’ type membership - The contract start date this the day before the next debit (Wednesday).
- If going to a Fitness Passport from ‘Aquatic’ type membership - The contract start date of the Lifestyle contract is the date the form was accepted.
6. Add sales person (your staff code)
Select “Payment Method”
7. Add in direct debit details listed on form -> OK
If they hold a DFES
, ALCOA, Fremantle Football club card
1. Select “Client Contribution” -> Select relevant “client”
2. Once selected it will then show up in “Discount reason”
3. Click prorate amount and zero price out -> Type “Change of membership” and your initials in the Reason field. -> OK
4. Remove any joining fee that has been applied.
5. Double check all information is correct -> OK
6. Final screen.
You now need to expiry the original membership.
7. Before expiring ‘old membership’ Note down on the form the total number of suspensions days used (in the current year), any credit/debit to be transferred and/or any future suspensions to be coded.
8. Remove any credit/debit and any future suspensions form the old membership.
9. Select the previous membership -> click “Override Expiry”
10. Set the “Override Expiry Date”
- *For applying concession or upgrading changing to Fitness Passport (from ‘Aquatic’ type membership’) this is yesterday’s date.
- *If downgrading, changing to Fitness Passport (from ‘Active’ type membership’) this is 2 days before the next debit (Tuesday).
If they are a Fitness Passport holders
1. Put the number listed below the bottom barcode of the Fitness Passport card in to the ‘Home Phone’ field of their personal details
2. Also place both numbers (above and below the barcode) into the members marketing notes.
If there has been any past suspensions lodged on the original membership add notes in marketing stating the number of days used in the current calendar year.
Future suspensions (outside current direct debit period)
Any future suspensions lodged on the original membership must be applied to new membership. Do so as per normal. Add notes in marketing stating that you have transferred the suspension over from the previous membership.
Current suspensions (or suspensions falling within the current direct debit period)
If processing a change of membership while the membership is currently suspended can be a little confusing as when applying a suspension to the new membership the relevant credit will be automatically calculated at the new membership contract rate however they are only entitled to receive credit at the contract rate of the previous membership.
The current suspension was coded before the last DD (1st
May) so the last DD (2nd
May) amount was ‘correct’.
The current suspension was coded after the last DD had run (3rd
May) so suspension credit must be considered.
Suspension period used in below scenarios = 6th May – 19th May
Normal DD amount is $41, changing to new DD amount of $31
Example they are suspended from 6th May – 19th May, the suspension was coded before the 2nd May DD had run (suspension coded on 1st May) so the DD was processed for the correct amount of $11.71
- Write down total suspension period on form.
- Remove any suspensions that run in the next DD only.
i.e. Process an early return as of 16th
May to remove suspension period 16th
- Write down the remaining suspension credit stated in links on the form.
- Remove the suspension that lies within the current DD period and apply it to the new membership.
i.e. Process an early return as of 6th
May to remove suspension period 6th
May and then code a suspension for period 6th
May in the new membership.
- Go into Financial screen of new membership -> Account Adjustments. Make relevant adjustment to make the suspension credit equal that of what you have written down.
i.e. Credit must equal $29.29
- Go into Financial screen of current membership -> Account Adjustments. Make relevant adjustment to make the suspension credit equal $0.
- Code the remaining part of the suspension that runs from the next DD (i.e. 16th May) to the new membership as per normal. The ‘suspension credit’ applied will be at the correct rate.
i.e. code suspension for 16th
Example they are suspended from 6th May – 19th May however the suspension was coded after the 2nd May DD had run (suspension coded on 3rd May). They were charged $41 on 2nd May DD so $29.29 suspension credit must be applied to the next DD (16th May) of the new membership.
1. Calculate the amount of credit that would need to be applied to next DD (16th
May = 10 days = $29.29 to be applied to the new membership.
2. Remove the entire suspension from the current membership
i.e. Process an early return as of 6th May to remove suspension period 6th - 19th May
3. Code a suspension in the new membership for the period within the current DD period only
i.e. code a suspension for period 6th – 15th May in the new membership.
Note: If you are processing the change of membership any time after the 6th May (e.g. the 9th May), you would only be able to apply the suspension in the new membership from this date (i.e. 9th May).
4. Go into Financial screen of new membership -> Account Adjustments. Make relevant adjustment to make the total suspension credit equal that of what you have noted down i.e. $29.29
Apply the remaining suspension in the new membership
i.e. 16th – 19th May. The total credit now on the new membership will now be correct.