We have a team that will make rejection calls as a courtesy reminder to the member and to process the payment that declined.
The calls are made fortnightly (the week after the direct debit has run).
Rejection process- CSO FYI only
- Members receive automated SMS/email to advise the payment declined.
- If a payment declines we will contact the member to make them aware- this will allow them to finalise the payment
- Notes will be left on members account of the contact points.
- If payments continue to decline and a large amount of money is accrueing, we will cancel them to avoid this amount growing. The member will be made aware via email.
- If at this point, no payments have been made and outstandings are still not paid we will send them a letter in the mail to confirm that if this is not paid they will go to debt collection.
- Final Notice letters are sent when the members outstandings have reached our threshold and have not made attempts to reduce the amount
- A physical letter is then sent to the member by mail advising urgent action is required otherwise they may risk being sent to debt collection
- The member has not been sent to debt collection yet. This is their opportunity to rectify the outstandings.
- Members have various methods of payments available to utilise including online.
- If the member has never had a rejection fee waived before, we can waive one; once the outstanding’s have been paid. Please send through to Supervisors
- Outside of one rejection fee, the outstanding balance will only be reduced due to extreme extenuating circumstances. This can be escalated to the supervisor team with final approval to waive any outstanding’s made by the co-ordinator.
If someone calls disputing their outstandings, please get a Supervisor to assist and if taking a message please ensure a contact number and email address are taken. An email address is required anytime you are taking a message from a patron