Swim School script for reception staff
Direct debit dates and Public Holidays
Giving out student information Giving out student information:
Before you process a new SS enrolment...
- Student information including lesson times can only be provided to the responsible person listed in Links. We are not to provide information to a third party which includes the emergency contact
- Lesson times can be changed by a family member if they are able to verify the child’s details including what day/time they are currently enrolled.
1. Be sure to ask if they or any family members are members of the ARC or have swim visit passes or if the child has used the crèche, play active or Zumba Kids ect to ensure we don’t accidently create a duplicate account in Links.
2. Advised patron of the difference between the Parent Portal and the member login from the website: Parent portal they can see the child’s progress the Website login they can update bank details.
3. If they are re-enrolling ask if they still have their swim school cards are we can re-use them
Swim School membership does not include – locker, Wellness lounge, slides, Dept of Ed swimming or free spectator for external programs
4. To take advantage of the additional spectators they all must be present before the child scans through. Any people arriving after the child has scanned through will be required to pay a spectator fee.
Swimming lesson conversion informationWhy do I have to watch my child during lessons? Why can I not enrol my child into a future class (past 7 days)?
- Watch around water policy – Any child 11 years and under needs to be supervised centre wide.
- If the child needs to go to the toilet, it is the parents responsibility to take them.
- If the instructor requires the parents assistances, the parent must be quickly and easily identifiable and accessible.
- The instructor has to focus on teaching the class.
- During an emergency evacuation the parent is resposible for the child.
We can only enrol a child into the next available lesson. As we are a perpetual swim school, children are constantly changing levels, enrolling or cancelling. This means the availability may not be the same now as it will be in two weeks.Two children in lessons at the same time
Second Spectator - First warning process
Children in different pools:
- Siblings swimming in the LTS & 25m pool can be booked into lessons at the same time - as long as the guardian can maintain visual contact between both pools.
- This does NOT apply to parents and babies; they cannot have another child in the LTS or 25m whist in the warm water pool unless another guardian is present.
Swim ARCademy Charges
Check Marketing notes in Family swim account first to see if they have already had a warning given.
Apologies but they will have to pay – No exceptions – call swim school if the issue is escalated.
- Ask if they are aware of the entry requirements and explain the reasons why they need to attend together (see script)
- Advise they can go through today. However we will be putting notes in the family account saying that you have been advised of the entry requirements and in future you would need to arrive at the same time or pay $2.50
- Place notes in family account in Marketing section – “patron has been advised of T&C’s regarding extra spectators“
- *Do not let patron go through until you have put notes in their account*
- Let patron through
- If the customer receives information well (and is the guardian listed), then no further action is taken. If the customer is not the guardian, advise them to let the guardian know and a follow up email will be sent.
- If information is not received positively from CSO, grab a Swim school supervisor, Customer Service Team Leader or Senior CSO to speak to them. If none of the above are available they will advise an email will be sent clarifying the T&Cs. In this case email Senior CSO with a screen shot of the marketing note and request email be sent to Responsible person.
As per the terms and conditions in order to take advantage of the extra spectator we do require all spectators to arrive at the same time the Swim ARCademy student scans at the access gate prior to lessons. Any spectators coming after the student has gone through will be required to pay a $2.50 spectator fee. This includes for example, Adults dropping children off and then finding a park.
Swim ARCademy membership entitlements on lesson days:
- 0 – 3 years old: 1 student + 3 adult entries to the aquatic area (spectator or swim) free of charge
- 4 years and over (including Adult lessons): 1 student + 2 adult entries to the aquatic area (spectator or swim) free of charge
There are no changes to non-lesson days.
Swim ARCademy upgrades (in all scenarios)
YES - Slides: All Swim ARCademy members and guardians to pay an upgrade fee
- We are a family based facility and want to encourage our families to come down and spend quality time together.
NO – Wellness Lounge: No upgrades - everyone must pay the full $14 rate (unless they have a concession card)
- The Wellness Lounge is not required to practice swimming lessons (the LTS pool is heated to a similar temperature if they want a warmer pool)
- Due to the age restrictions, it does not encourage family involvement.
- We try to keep our swimming program as affordable as possible, if we included the Wellness Lounge then all prices would need to be increased significantly. This would be unfair for those who don’t use it.
'Take a break' and Cancellations
What is the SS Cancellation policy?
The SS member is required to do a minimum of four weeks, after this period a cancellation form is required to conclude lessons.Can I suspend my SS membership if we go on holiday?
Cancellation must be lodged by close of business on the Tuesday prior to the next direct debit date to ensure payment is not taken out.
If you would like to make use of our 'take a break' option the $5 charge is to hold your child's swimming lesson booking.Can I move class during my take a break period?
Swim school does not run on public holidays, if your child's lesson falls on a public holiday you will not be charged for that week. This also means that if you come to swim on that particular week the casual entrance prices will apply.
We are unable to move the class time/day if you are requesting to take a break.I want to use the center while on 'take a break'.
You will need to pay the casual entrance fee if you wish to use the centre while on take a breakMy child is sick can I medically suspend?
A students swim ARCademy membership can only be medically suspended (or have credit applied to the account) if they are able to provide a medical certificate covering 2 - 7 weeks.I want to cancel but I have money owing.
See Swim ARCademy staff for further details
The application will not be processed until the outstanding balance is paidI have just enrolled, can I 'take a break' straight away?
You are unable to take a break within the first four weeks of enrolment.FAQ for 'take a break'
You can cancel the take a break submission- please note that if the debit has been processed class fees will apply
|Can they early return on the day and access the class that day?
|Can I cancel during this period
|Can I do an early return
|Can I put the application in advance
|Can I enrol for a different lesson during the ‘Take a break’
|Can I request to ‘Take a break’ for part of the DD period i.e. 2nd week of the next DD period & 1st week following DD period
|Can I extend my ‘Take a break’ (to a max of 6 weeks) during a current ‘Take a break’
||They would need to complete a new application
|For pool entry does the ‘Take a break’ go from Mon to Sun or lesson to lesson
||Monday to Sunday within their lesson week
Cancellations must be lodged by close of business on the Tuesday prior to the next direct debit date to ensure payment is not taken out.