In regards to completing a Practical Placement program at the Cockburn ARC, service areas that are most likely to receive such enquiries are the Operations team for Lifeguard placement, or the Swim ARCademy team for Swim Instructor placement.
Lifeguard trainee wishing to complete hours in our centre, please get their-
- Full name
- Email- (important, they will receive an email from the DM advising important information)
Email this information to the DM team. (Swim Teaching email SS)
- School work placements must go through City Of Cockburn
- Charge casual entry fee
- Direct patron to 50m lifeguard for assessment
They will generally get 3 x 5hour shifts.
They will need to:
First please complete the City of Cockburn’s online contractor safety induction by clicking here, It’s a general safety induction, used for staff and contractors across the City’s operations, so some parts may not be applicable to your lifeguard practical placement. Once you have completed the quiz at the end, please download your certificate and send it through to the DM email.
- Second, we will require copies of your Lifeguard theory qualifications.
- Third, we will require copies of the Royal Lifesaving WA (RLSWA) insurance certificate, if you do not have copies you may need to reach out to RLSWA and request them. This is a different document to your qualification certificates.
Any work experience requests are required to go through the City of Cockburn HR.
Please refer them to the website: https://www.cockburn.wa.gov.au/Council/Work-With-Us/Employment
Work experience ; Where possible, the City of Cockburn provides opportunities to undertake work experience.
Before you apply for work experience, we recommend visiting jobs.wa.gov.au opens in a new window
to determine what type of local government positions appeal to you.
To apply, simply send a brief resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember to outline your area of interest and the dates and times you are available for work experience. Your request will be sent to the relevant area manager to assess. We will contact you to let you know the outcome. Important note:
If your work experience application is granted, you will be required to undertake your own insurance cover. If you are a student, your school or training provider will usually provide insurance for you. Further information will be provided upon acceptance of your application.