1. ARCaptured is a digital photography competition for the community to submit digital images that all relate to the Cockburn ARC. Images may include people, however permission must be obtained for every identifiable person within the photo.
2. To enter, you must submit a photo of Cockburn ARC that you have taken yourself.
3. You can submit any number of entries through the following categories
Children (up to Year 6)
Children (Year 7 to 12)
Staff (City of Cockburn/Cockburn ARC/Elected Members)
4. All entries must be submitted online through www.cockburnarc.com.au/arcaptured
5. The competition is open to professional photographers, amateurs and enthusiasts.
6. Entries must be submitted as either jpg, pdf or png files. The image must not contain any material or content that is infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, profane or otherwise objectionable.
7. Entrants must ensure that photography is undertaken under a safe and legal environment.
8. Competition dates are as follows
Competition opens – Monday April 9
Entries close – Monday May 7
Public voting commences – Tuesday May 8
Winners announced – Saturday May 19
9. To submit your entry you must confirm that:
You are the photographer of the photo
You are eligible to enter via that category
You have obtained the permission of any identifiable people in the photograph to be in the photograph, and a part of the competition.
Provided accurate contact details
10. A judging panel will determine the winner for each category, catering in the comments made by the public on each of the photos. The judges decision is final and no negotiations will be entered into. The City has the right to cancel or reject an entry without any notification.
11. If a winner is unable to be contacted within 7 days, the runner up will be awarded the prices.
12. City of Cockburn employees or Elected Members are only able to enter the Staff category. There are no prizes awarded for the staff category.
13. Any questions relating to the competition can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
or through 9411 3344.
14. The finalists will be selected by a judging panel from representatives of Cockburn ARC. Photos will be judged anonymously. Finalists will be notified by email.
15. In the event of a tie, the judges will decide whether to award a winner or split the prize between two or more contestants.
16. While copyright remains with the photographer/entrant, the entrant grants the City of Cockburn the permission to use the image on social, digital, website or print channels, and to display the image within the centre.
17. By entering this competition, you agree to have your photograph taken and allow the City to use it for promotional purposes.